If you need financial aid for the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) or UCDC Program, you do not have to submit a separate financial aid application. Financial Aid and Scholarships will receive the information we need from the International Education Office (for EAP) and the UCLA Career Center (for UCDC) in order to award you Financial Aid.
If you are interested in receiving Financial Aid, you must update your Degree Candidacy term on MyUCLA to Summer 2021.
- Financial Aid is available for one eligible summer program ( i.e. Summer Sessions, Summer Cross Campus, Summer Travel or Summer Institutes ) per academic year. UCLA does not provide financial aid to students enrolled in non-UCLA summer programs
- Non-UCLA students should consult the Financial Aid Office at their home institution for information about summer assistance.
- UCLA students in a dismissed status are not eligible for financial aid
SUMMER FINANCIAL AID CALCULATOR
This calculator is intended to estimate awards for students enrolled in UCLA Summer Sessions. If you plan to enroll in Summer Travel, Summer Session at another UC, Summer Institute, Education Abroad Program, Freshman/Transfer Summer Program or UCDC Program, the results from the summer calculator will not be accurate.
The Summer Session Application opens April 1st on MyUCLA . For priority funding consideration, students online payday loans Alaska must submit their Summer Session Application by April 30th deadline. Summer Session Application will be available on MyUCLA until early September.
If your Degree Candidacy term on MyUCLA is Spring, you will not be eligible for summer aid. You must update your Degree Candidacy term on MyUCLA to reflect the end of Summer Sessions.
If you are eligible to receive other summer aid (i.e. Veteran’s waiver, Athletic Scholarship, etc) please note that your summer financial aid may need to be adjusted to include your other summer award.
All awards produced by this calculator are estimated and based on availability of funding. The award information displayed is based on the information you provide on your Financial Aid Application. If you provide inaccurate information about the sessions that you will attend or the number of units you take, the result will be inaccurate.
Our calculator also assumes that you have not reached the maximum aggregate limits on federal and state funding and that you are in good Satisfactory Academic Progress standing.
College Summer Institute
This program is for incoming first year students and can help provide a smooth and successful transition into their first year at UCLA. The College Summer Institute financial aid application opens on April 1st via MyUCLA. More information about the College Summer Institute can be found on the New Student and Transition Programs website.
Summer Session Application is available April 1st on MyUCLA. For priority funding consideration, we encourage all students fill out the Summer Session Application early. Application closes early September.
- This application is needed for UCLA students who plan on taking courses during a Summer Session at UCLA. Financial aid for Summer Session will be awarded for total combined units (i.e. A or A+C) .
- Students in the College Summer Institute program should also complete this application.
- The non-refundable processing fee or registration fee of $150 will be assessed if all courses are dropped regardless of whether instruction has begun. All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Summer Travel Program
Summer Travel programs combine the excitement of studying abroad and the academic rigor of classes t is open to students from any college or university and Financial Aid is available to UCLA students. Scholarships are also available for qualified students via the Summer Session Office. For additional information about the Summer Travel Program, view our Summer Travel guide available under the Forms and Publications section of the Financial Aid Website.